Recovery from my bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement) is taking longer than expected, so I'm still offline. Hoping to be back soon, so please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Friday, January 8, 2010

Bloggiesta update #1 - Blog Graded!


Well, I think I've gotten off to a decent start. Decided to begin my adventure with a mini-challenge from the last Bloggiesta: Grade Your Blog hosted by Bookish Ruth. Thought I would grade my blog at both the beginning and the end of Bloggiesta, then compare the scores. Hopefully, my grade will improve!


Well, I just ran my blog through the grader and received a score of 90! I was surprised, as I didn't think it would be such a high grade! It suggested I add both a meta description and meta keywords, and that I had too many images. I'm going to look into this meta business, but not going to reduce my images as I like my pictures. Had a few other suggestions I'm going to explore as well. Think I can bring my score up to a 95 by the end of the weekend?


Mini Challenges completed: 1
Comments made: 6
Reviews written: 1


Have spent the last few minutes bloghopping around the Bloggiesta and find my list of goals growing! Everyone has such good ideas that I want to try on my blog as well! Will include updated goals on my next update, but am now imspired so want to work on a few things...



7 comments:

  1. It ALWAYS says too many images so don't worry about that one. A 90 is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Mine was 71.. I have no idea why. I don't get these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great score and thanks for reminding me to run mine again. I was pleasantly surprised that I went from 67 at my first bloggiesta to 95 this time around. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that my grade wasn't so great (I tried it at the last bloggiesta, though I didn't officially join), but I haven't got a chance to improve it. Perhaps this time round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexia -
    Good job, I have been neglecting my google reader so much lately.

    Congrats on your 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u