Word Verification Balderdash (14) | Alexia's Books and Such...: Word Verification Balderdash (14)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash (14)



Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme started by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

You know all of those annoying word verifications you have to do when posting comments on certain blogs? Well, playing Balderdash with the words makes everything a little more bearable and fun! Be sure to write down the word verifications you come across while posting blog comments. You then play Balderdash with them by making up your own definition for the word!

Here are my words for the week:

Proit: Skillful and adept at referencing Proust under pressing conditions.

Adish: When something seems like an ad, but really isn't; "I didn't like that show because it had silly characters and was too ad-ish".

Sitiver: A four day period of mourning for failed sit-coms; "the cast and crew are observing Sitiver for their cancelled show, Bozo's Brigade."

Himsel: Unpopular male version of holiday tinsel, occasionally found in bargain bins at the Dollar Store.

So, did you come across any interesting words this week? Was hoping for some holiday themed words, but the closest I could find was himsel! Oh well....Happy Holidays! :-)

8 comments:

  1. Haha, great definitions! I wonder, how does male tinsel differ from regular tinsel? Hmm... :)

    Happy Holidays! I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love "sitiver"! I've been very lax about participating in this meme ... maybe that should be one of my New Year's Resolutions.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alitareads - Maybe male tinsel gets lost on the way to the tree because he refuses to stop and ask directions? *L* Heading over to your blog now...thanks!

    Melissa - Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Himsel! Lol. I think anyone skillful and adept at Proust should be considered Proit!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been so busy with work the last few weeks that I haven't been able to keep up with this. Hopefully next week I will be able to get back on track. Fabulous words this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Alexia! It's always been my dream to become a Proit! Hehe. And I'm curious about the himsel.

    Merry Christmas, Alexia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Himsel? LOL! You make me proud. I cant believe I missed Balderdash again! I have to get back into it... I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great words. I got lots of words this past week, since it is a habit now to write all the words down, but I missed doing this with the holiday. I look forward to getting back to this. I am thinking it may not happen till after the new year though, since new years is on Thursday as well. I will see how the day goes and if I can get to it I will.l

    Himsel is a great holiday word. It seems to fit the word very well.

    Glad you did these.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u