Word Verification Balderdash (13) | Alexia's Books and Such: Word Verification Balderdash (13)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash (13)


Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme started by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

You know all of those annoying word verifications you have to do when posting comments on certain blogs? Well, playing Balderdash with the words makes everything a little more bearable and fun! Be sure to write down the word verifications you come across while posting blog comments. You then play Balderdash with them by making up your own definition for the word!

Here are my words for the week:

Anainka: Anakin Skywalker's mysterious twin sister, who
disowned him when he became Darth Vadar. She vanished
soon afterwards and was never heard from again. The
Force was not with her....

Gaterma: Nickname for the mothers of Florida
Gaters football players, both past and present.

Tropitime: The optimum time for visiting the tropics.

I didn't have very many words to choose from this week, as I didn't have much time to go blog hopping and the pickings were slim! Hoping that next week will be better.

6 comments:

  1. Its okay you were short on words, cause you did a great job with the ones you have!

    I like how the force was not with Anainka. *chuckle*

    Gaterma - That one will stick I think.

    Tropitime - For me I am thinking any time would be the perfect time for a visit to the tropics. Although there is probably the time best to get the better weather and such, but I will go anytime. lol.

    Great words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic words this week. I didn't get my post up so I'm going to have to try and match your words next week. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are too funny. "Gaterma!" : )
    I bet your hubby did feel gypped growing up. If you listened to my daughter, you'd think she'd never had a present for her birthday. When I asked her why she thought that, she said, "Aunt K. always tries to combine birthday and Christmas. We don't get to do that to her kids!" That's true. And one of my nieces' birthdays is Dec. 14th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Anainka: Anakin Skywalker's mysterious twin sister..."

    ROTFL!

    The best one I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, nice! I agree, Anainka was pretty awesome. ;)
    And I wonder if it means anything that I got "moron" earlier today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! I choked on my rice cake when I read Anaika! That just made my evening!

    I had an awful week and did not get mine done....

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u