Word Verification Balderdash (12) | Alexia's Books and Such: Word Verification Balderdash (12)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash (12)



Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme started by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

You know all of those annoying word verifications you have to do when posting comments on certain blogs? Well, playing Balderdash with the words makes everything a little more bearable and fun! Be sure to write down the word verifications you come across while posting blog comments. You then play Balderdash with them by making up your own definition for the word!

Here are my words for the week:

Chilwail: The chill that races down your
spine whenever you hear a banshee wail.

Feryti: Peaceful alien race discovered during season 3
of Star Trek: Yet Another Spinoff.
Distinguishing features
include bright red skin and their love for fast cars.

Twivelho: Disparaging nickname for female fans
of the Twivel series, who will buy any and all
Twivel merchandise, no matter how lame.

Gorthumb: Suburb of Gotham City, known
for it's garden apartments and patio homes.

Diffula: Bunnicula's sweet country cousin, who
prefers tomato juice & does not like being a vampire.


Did you come across any fun word verifications this week? I actually got "dopers" and "cross" this week! *L*


10 comments:

  1. Awesome words, Terri! Are you required to have a green thumb to live in Gorthumb? If so, I'll nver live there, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My post is going up in a couple hours. I had a few things to post today so I am staggering them. :)

    Chilwail is awesome and Twivelho was yet another outbreak of laughter (by me) in the office... I am pretty sure they think I am xrazy...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great imagination! Gorthumb cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Twivelho gave me a chuckle, and chilwail gave me a "chill"! Love this game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diffula is absolutely adorable and want to take him home with me. Chilwail is terrific since I love all things Banshee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great words this week. I love the Feryti, loving fast cars. lol. That gave me a chuckle. Diffula being a country cousin, that is a great spin off!

    Definitely great definitions this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh some good words this week. Normally one in particular will stand out, this week I really enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jackie - If you have to have a green thumb to live in Gorthumb, I could never live there either!

    Sheila - I find myself laughing over Balderdash words every Thursday! So glad that you came up with this game! :)

    Pam - Thanks! Keep waiting for you to jump in the Balderdash pool!

    Laurel-Rain - Isn't this game the best? Loved your words this week as well!

    Ryan - I'm another banshee lover, and can't understand why they don't star in more urban fantasy novels. Thank goodness for Rachel Vincent!

    Melissa - Thanks Melissa! Feryti just sounded like something right out of Star Trek for me! *L*

    Petty Witter - Thanks Petty! Had a fun time this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally cracked up on Diffula!!! I'm still giggling about it!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u