In My Mailbox (25) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (25)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, December 26, 2009

In My Mailbox (25)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Received one review copy and one contest win this week, but then got to go to the bookstore after Christmas and go a little nuts! Love wandering the aisles of a bookstore! It's my Happy Place! BTW, I linked the covers to Goodreads in case you want more info about the books.

I received a review copy of What I Know from the author. It's a fun collection of advice for all ages! Will be holding a contest for an autographed copy soon, so keep an eye out!


I won a copy of The Brain Finds A Leg from a contest over at Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers. Looks like a fun book, so looking forward to reading it! And if you're not familiar with this blog, you definitely need to visit. She has great posts, fun giveaways, and awesome book reviews! Be sure to stop by and say hello!


Christmas is over, so my book buying ban is over! Yea! Picked up the following books from Barnes & Noble that I've been drooling over for the longest time!







Hope everyone got lots of goodies in their mailboxes this week! Happy reading!

15 comments:

  1. I just finished reading and reviewing The Better Part of Darkness a few days ago and it was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with any of those books - man, I better get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week for you in books! The Better Part Of Darkness looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaime - Haven't decided which one to read first, as I've been lusting after those four books for the longest time! :D

    Shannon - If you like urban fantasy, all four of my bookstore buys are supposed to be fantastic!

    Sheila - Santa didn't bring me any books, so I played Santa's Helper and got them myself! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! I'd drool over those books too. Have fun reading them! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited to read your review of the books you picked up from the store. Hope you have a ton of fun reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really want to read Three Days to Dead, hope you enjoy TBPD as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I Know looks interesting, and I really want to read the Rachel Vincent series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda Ellen - Can't wait to read them! Very productive bookstore visit! :D

    Ryan - Planning on it!

    Lili - Have heard nothing but good things on both books, so have high hopes!

    inthehammock - Love Rachel Vincent, and everything I've read by her has been great!

    Hagelrat - Hoping the books are as good as the covers! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen any of those books. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I did read one over Christmas week by Nita Bangs which was extremely funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam - Haven't heard of Nita Bangs, so will take a look. Love discovering new authors! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books! 'What I Know' looks like a very interesting read!

    Here's what I got this week! http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2009/12/book-haul-christmas-edition.html

    Have a great and safe New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura - You got some great books as well! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! You received your prize! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did....happy holidays and happy reading! =0)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u