Sunday, December 20, 2009

In My Mailbox (24)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I didn't have a chance to post last week, so this is two weeks worth of books. Am still banned from buying books until after Christmas, but no one said anything about contests or review copies! I always find the loopholes! *L*

I won Sea of Monsters from a contest over at Teens Read & Write. They have a great blog with reviews for both books & movies, lots of contests, and all kinds of fun stuff! Be sure to stop by and say hello.

Received a copy of Julie Kenner's Torn from a contest at The Whine Sisters blog. Haven't read this series yet so will have to pick up book #1 (after Christmas of course), but I know it will be awesome because everything Julie writes is awesome!
Received Deadly Codes for review from Author Marketing Experts, Inc. This is a thriller instead of urban fantasy, as I think I'm getting into a rut with all the paranormal and Young Adult books I've been reading lately. I have high hopes for this one!

Received a free review copy of Sea Clearwater from Author Marketing Experts, Inc. This book was written by a 13 year old girl, so am curious to read a YA book by an actual young adult!
Won a copy of I Used To Know That from an instant Twitter contest by FSB Associates. I actually knew the answer to a trivia question without having to Google it! Yea me!




Received an ARC of Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart for review from Phenix & Phenix Literary Publicists. Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite books, so I'm a sucker for anything to do with Elizabeth or Mr. Darcy.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some great stuff! That's really neat that a 13 year old wrote that book and got it published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, 13-years-old?! Hope it's good. The only other one I've read that was written by a teenager was Prophecy of the Stones, which was pretty good. And I love Pride and Prejudice too, so Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart sounds interesting! You got some awesome books this week, and hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph - Have been really lucky with my mailbox goodies lately, and really looking forward to reading Sea Clearwater. A YA book written by an actual teenager sounded just too good to pass up!

    Jenn - Another P&P fan! Awesome! That was one of the first classics that I read as a young girl and it had a big impact on me. Love Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Percy Jackson book. I hope you end up liking it and the rest of your books.

    I have an award for you:

    http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com/2009/12/award-time-x-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great books there. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...one of your books looks familiar to me....oh, wait, I received a copy too! =0)
    Happy reading....you have some great titles to add to your TBR there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ryan - Thank you Ryan! That's so sweet of you! :)

    Petty Witter - Am always happy so long as I'm reading! *L*

    GMR - We'll have to compare notes on both I Used To Know That and Truly, Madly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both Sea Clearwater and Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart look really good. I can't wait to hear what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alitareads - Probably won't get to review them until next month, but am working on reducing my TBR piles. Honest! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some great books - enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice haul! You don't even need to buy books if you jut keep winning them.
    I love P&P but am burned out on all knock-offs and such. But I'll be interested in what you think of it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books! Mr Darcy Broke My Heart has a gorgeous cover and looks good!

    Here's what I got this week! http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2009/12/in-my-mailbox-12-23-09.html

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete