Word Verification Balderdash (10) | Alexia's Books and Such: Word Verification Balderdash (10)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash (10)



Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme started by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

You know all of those annoying word verifications you have to do when posting comments on certain blogs? Well, playing Balderdash with the words makes everything a little more bearable and fun! Be sure to write down the word verifications you come across while posting blog comments. You then play Balderdash with them by making up your own definition for the word!

Here are my words for this week:

Dessispo: Failed Italian coffee drink offered by Starbucks,
available either hot or iced, with a minty green coloring
.

Tedisp: Festive Teddy bear decanter for dispensing
liquid refreshments during the holidays.


Psyces: Minor Greek god of pranks, often confused
with his cousin Psyche, goddess of souls. Thought to be the
originator of the expression "to psyc someone out".

Grabess: Common affliction affecting shoppers on the day
after Thanksgiving, where they compulsively grab anything
not nailed down during Black Friday sales.

8 comments:

  1. Hows the leg? Not too painful I hope.
    Going back to your Honest Scrap Award, there were some very interesting facts there, it's good to know a little more about you. Congratulations on receiving it by the way.
    Love your Balderdash choices. My favourite would have to be Tedisp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...I think every year I am afflicted with "Grabess" after Thanksgiving. I've gotten it a little more under control, but it flares up every Black Friday. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great words this week. You keep getting better and better every week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious. I love Balderdash - one of my favorite games ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Petty Witty - Got my stitches out today, so the knee is a little sore. Thanks for asking! Didn't have many word verifications to choose from this week, but plan on visiting more blogs this week, so hoping next week will be better.

    GMR - Hoping I'll have chance to fight Grabess this Black Friday! Fingers crossed!

    Ryan - Thanks Ryan! Looking forward to seeing your words this week!

    Steph - Love Balderdash! So glad that Sheila came up with this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priceless! I agree with Ryan... you are rocking the Balderdash Thursdays!

    It is too bad Dessispo failed... the color sounds quite festive!

    Grabess I have had... It is those purchases that later on I look at and think why did I think I needed the mojito scented glitter candle for $1?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great words!!!

    I love Tedisp. That sounds cute.

    Grabess ~laugh~ I have to say you sooo nailed this one. I do the Black Friday shoping and it is hilarious watching people just grab stuff. There has been times where I, myself, had got caught up in the moment with others and just started grabing. ~laugh~ That is sooo great. I cant wait to use this next Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheila - Pretty sure the color is why Dessipo failed! Can't imagine drinking anything green. Ick!

    Melissa - Can't wait to see all the cases of Grabess this coming Black Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u