Saturday, November 28, 2009

In My Mailbox (22)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Honestly didn't think I'd have anything in my mailbox this week, so was pleasantly surprised when I received two books! I know, I know, shouldn't receive any if I'm serious about reducing my humongous TBR pile. I'm weak... *L*


Received Bite Marks by Jennifer Rardin from a contest hosted by Rachael over at Enchanted by Books. Lucked out when the original contest winner didn't respond, so I was the runner-up. Score!

Jaz Parks here. But I'm not alone. I'm hearing voices in my head - and they're not mine.

The problem, or maybe the solution, is work. And the job's a stinker this time -- killing the gnomes that are threatening to topple NASA's Australian-based space complex. Yeah, I know. Vayl and I should still be able to kick this one in our sleep. Except that Hell has thrown up a demon named Kyphas to knock us off track. And damn is she indestructible!




Got my $9 copy of Breathless by Dean Koontz from Amazon Friday afternoon. Hey, I'm not proud! Someone offers to sell me a $28 book that I would have bought no matter what for a measly $9, I'm there! *L*

Koontz delivers a thrilling novel of suspense and adventure, as the lives of strangers converge around a mystery unfolding high in the Colorado mountains—and the balance of the world begins to tilt….


Looking forward to seeing what everyone else got this week!

22 comments:

  1. Have fun with your new books. I haven't read a lot of new books by Koontz but my favorites are: Strangers, Phantoms, Watchers, and Lightning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan - Lightning was the first Koontz book I ever read and the one that got me hooked. And Watchers is one of my all-time faves! Knew you had good taste! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love Breathless right? This will be a fun one to read! Koontz is an old favorite for me. :)

    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up on Dean Koontz, my mom loved him. Great books - I loved Tick Tock by him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books hon! I so want to start the Jaz Parks series!
    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of either of those, but I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Dean Koontz but haven't read anything of his lately. Hope you like Breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Jaz Parks series has been taunting me. I should probably break down and read it at some point. I have read many reviews that say the books are funny and fun. I'm just tired of vampires! Have to wait and see what Christmas brings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila & Laura - Koontz has never disappointed me yet! :)

    Susi & Cat - The Jaz Parks series is great! Looking forward to seeing what you think of them.

    So Many Books - I can highly recommend Koontz. Watchers was my favorite, but they're all good!

    Ladystorm - Love your name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These books look good. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, nice! Definitely looking forward to your review of Bite Marks, heard it's great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Callie - Thanks for stopping by! I have high hopes for both of these books!

    Jenn - Love the Jaz Parks series!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both books sound really interesting! I haven't read any Koontz, but I know a few people who absolutely love his books. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a couple of Koontz books that I'm thinking of finally reading. When I first read Koontz, I wasn't into supernatural but I like it now, so I'm going to try again.
    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both authors and I want to read both books! Great mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky for you that the original winner of Bite Marks didn't come forward. I hope you will do a review on this book as I've heard such a lot about it, both good and not-so-good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found my way over here from The Southern Princess - so glad I did! How could I not absolutely love the blog of a fellow bookaholic?! :)
    I'll be back. Often.
    www.shannonkodonnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lizzy - You should definitely give Koontz a chance, as I think he's excellent!

    Bookmagic - Let me know what you think after you've read a few! Koontz is one of my favorite writers!

    Book Chick - Hoping that they're both as good as expected!

    Petty Witter - Felt very lucky! I've liked the other Jaz Parks books, so hoping this one is just as good.

    Shannon - Hi Shannon! Nice to meet a fellow bookaholic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh I love Dean Koontz! I got Dean Koontz book this past week, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alayne - Don't you love the IMM posts? I find so many cool books this way!

    Allison - Cool! Can't wait to see what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read a Koontz book in ages!

    ReplyDelete