In My Mailbox (21) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (21)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, November 20, 2009

In My Mailbox (21)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I've been trying to be good and haven't entered as many contests or requested as many review copies so I can get my TBR piles under control!


Got a galley copy of Coming Undone by Lauren Dane, which I think it beyond cool! This is only the second galley I've received, and I can't wait to read it!

After his parents' death, Brody gave up a promising career to care for his family. Now, with his siblings grown, Brody owns his own business, and for the first time in years he's alone. Elise has come to Seattle with her daughter to find peace. After years as a world-famous ballerina-and trapped in a marriage gone bad-she's looking for neither love nor attention. But she finds both in the handsome, honest man who befriends her with no strings attached.

Received a copy of Lockdown: Escape From Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith as a review copy from the publisher. Trying to cut back on review copies, but this one looked intriguing.

Furnace Penitentiary: the world’s most secure prison for young offenders, buried a mile beneath the earth’s surface. Convicted of a murder he didn’t commit, sentenced to life without parole, “new fish” Alex Sawyer knows he has two choices: find a way out, or resign himself to a death behind bars, in the darkness at the bottom of the world. Except in Furnace, death is the least of his worries. Soon Alex discovers that the prison is a place of pure evil, where inhuman creatures in gas masks stalk the corridors at night, where giants in black suits drag screaming inmates into the shadows, where deformed beasts can be heard howling from the blood-drenched tunnels below. And behind everything is the mysterious, all-powerful warden, a man as cruel and dangerous as the devil himself, whose unthinkable acts have consequences that stretch far beyond the walls of the prison.

What did everyone get in their mailboxes this past week?

20 comments:

  1. Coming Undone looks really good! Great cover! Congrats on your first galley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking reads. I have trouble avoiding contests when the books look so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Lockdown, too. Haven't read it yet, but looking forward to it. Great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming Undone has a great and interesting cover. It sounds good too :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lockdown sounds great, look forward to your review - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really interested in Lockdown, especially the evil warden. LOL. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay i can't wait for you to read Coming Undone, i really loved it =)
    Have a happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me wants Coming Undone! I'm sorry but I've got book envy for this one. Hope you enjoy it and you have to tells us what you think!
    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some interesting looking covers there. Thanks for letting us know of these books - Lockdown sounds really interesting, a book I must make time for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these books look excellent- I've heard great things about Lockdown especially. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover for Coming Undone, and Lockdown sounds like a REALLY good book!

    You can check out my IMM post here.

    Jessica W.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHH Lockdown looks really good - I cant wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  13. inthehammock - Coming Undone does look good! And aren't galley copies the coolest? :D

    Sheila - Some contests are impossible to resist, but I'm trying to cut back. *L*

    Carrie - Can't wait to compare notes on Lockdown! Reminds me a little of the underground prison in Face Off for some reason.

    Callie - Thanks for stopping by!

    Danielle - Coming Undone does have a nice cover, doesn't it?

    Book Chick & EternalJade - Hoping Lockdown lives up to the book blurb and doesn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard great things about Lockdown, I'll be looking forward to your review. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Lockdown, it was really good (to me) I actually started feeling what the characters were feeling which was kind of scary and cool at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pattepoilue - So glad to hear that you've already read it and loved it! Makes me want to move it to the top of my TBR pile!

    Susi - Maybe we should talk book swaps, as you have several I'm lusting after as well! *L*

    Petty Witter - The cover for Lockdown is a little freaky, but I like the Coming Undone cover. :)

    Emily - Thanks for stopping by!

    Jessica - Keeping my fingers crossed that Lockdown won't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jenn - Hoping to have them both read and reviewed before Christmas, as I'm a little behind.

    Lizzy - Glad to know others have liked Lockdown, as this title was new to me.

    Kara - So glad to hear that Lockdown wasn't a disappointment! Scary and cool is a pretty good combination!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard Lockdown is good - I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bermuda - Hoping Lockdown is as good as I think it is!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u