In My Mailbox (19) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (19)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, November 7, 2009

In My Mailbox (19)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Had a nice mailbox this week, and picked up some real finds at my library book sale as well! I know, I know....I'm weak. Simply can't resist the lure of the book! *L*


I won The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon from Wendy at Caribousmom because I'm taking part in her Random Reading Challenge! How cool is that? Take part in a really cool challenge and win an ARC to boot!



This is the book I'm most excited about receiving...Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler! *happy dance* Seems like I've been waiting forever for this one to come out, and think it may just skip the line and be my next read instead of patiently waiting it's turn! Love Nicole's tweets and blog, so excited to finally have her first book in my hot little hands!


This is my first audio book, courtesy of a quick Twitter giveaway by J.Kaye. I've read James Patterson before, and hear so many people rave about audio books that I'm looking forward to finally diving into the pool. Alex Cross is a great character, so l can't wait to listen to Double Cross and see if it lives up to the hype.


The Vampire's Assistant was from another Twitter contest. This one by Ivy over at Book Reader Times. Looks like a really cool movie, and as I tend to read the book first, am excited to have won this! Sometimes I just happen to be at the right place at the right time. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, I do my happy dance! *L*


Saw SoulStice by Simon Holt at my library book sale. Read the back and remember reading a review of it on a blog, but can't remember where. I have started keeping track of whose blog I see books to put on my wishlist, so will give credit in the future. Sorry. It was only a quarter, so snatched it up! Will pick up the first one at the bookstore, but I couldn't resist grabbing this one.


Picked up The Spy Who Came for Christmas by David Morrell at the same library book sale. Haven't heard of this one, but I just finished reading Morrell's latest book, so decided to grab it off the cart as well.



And last but not least, my final buys from the library book sale were Uglies and Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. I don't know that I would have picked these up if I hadn't read such good reviews on various blogs. Again, my apologies for not giving credit where credit is due. I have started keeping track, so hopefully will be able to give credit in the future.


So what did everyone else get this week?


18 comments:

  1. Oh you got some great ones this week! Happy reading!!

    xoxo
    jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books you got this week. The Uglies books are really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! Do you think you read the Soultice review on my blog? I reviewed both books 1 and 2. Yes please read book 1 first so you dont spoil book 2. They're GREAT books and that's an awesome find at a library sale!

    And you know I want you to read Tempest Rising NOWWW! LOL It's great. I loved it so much.

    I've had some Scott Westerfeld books for a while but havent had a chance to read them yet. I hear they're VERY good so do let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great reading ahead of you! Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved the Uglies trilogy. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your books look great! I loved The Devouring so I can't wait to read The Soulstice, hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a great time reading the Uglies Trilogy when i read them a few years ago.=)I hope you enjoy them too
    i'm waiting to read a few reviews before ordering Tempest Rising, it looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read Soulstice too, since The Devouring was such an interesting read. Also, Uglies = awesome. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Alexia! Once again, I am green with envy regarding the books that were sent your way.

    I can see that you've received The Angel's Game. I have a copy of that, but I haven't gotten around to reading it. I hope you get to post your review after you've read it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lots of books and a good variety! what fun! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished Tempest Rising last night and my review will post tomorrow (Monday). I LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you had a rockin week when it comes to books!
    Enjoy them all

    P.S. Here is mine if you want to take a peek
    http://5150bookslut.blogspot.com/2009/11/in-my-mailbox-3-11709.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Uglies series is fantastic. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of great books this week! Tempest Rising looks interesting, another book to add to my TBR pile. : D

    Jessica W. - Book Bound

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great mailbox. I can't wait to read Tempest.
    Happy Reading
    Elie (Ellz Readz)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm like you, I've been waiting for Tempest Rising for a long time. Definitely one of my most anticipated books of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Westerfeld and am a big fan of the Cirque du Freak series. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u