Honest Scrap Award | Alexia's Books and Such: Honest Scrap Award

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Honest Scrap Award


I received this cool award from Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books and it seems pretty straightforward.

I have to list ten honest things about me and then pass the award on to ten other book bloggers. Hmmmmm, ten honest things? Could be fun! Well, here goes nothing!


1. I am not a morning person, yet turn into one whenever we go on vacation. Guess I don't want to miss out on anything!

2. Growing up, I loved watching variety shows like Donny & Marie, Sonny & Cher, Sheilds & Yarnell, etc. Wonder why they don't make varitey shows like that any more?

3. Am pretty sure that I'm addicted to reading, as I've been reduced to reading the backs of cereal boxes if nothing else is available!

4. Like Sheila, I love television commercials and that's the only reason I watch the Superbowl!

5. The Sarah McLaughlin SPCA commercial In The Arms of the Angels always makes me cry.

6. The best job I ever had was working in a mall bookstore.

7. I love baking, but don't really like to cook.

8. My favorite color is red. And yellow. And purple is nice too...

9. I can be shy until I get to know someone, then watch out! *L*

10. I would rather scrub a toilet than mow the lawn. Strange, but true.


Well, that didn't hurt too much. *L* Would like to pass this along to the following bloggers, as I'll think they'll have fun with it:

Shellie at Layers of Thought




Peter at KyusiReader






15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award and thank you =)

    i'll post it when I have a bunch ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh fun, thanks for passing it along to me. I liked reading yours. I would love a job in a bookstore, like you did. I'll definitely do this tonight when I come up with a list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for passing along the award to me. I'll try to find 10 honest things that won't scare people. *l*

    I saw we had several things in common. However, I love to mow the lawn. It's pretty big and I know the kids usually won't interrupt me when I am mowing.

    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a bunch!
    I am addicted to books also, and I am not a morning person either.

    Now to reciprocate... I am so behind on my award re-handing out. *guilty grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks hon! We can switch- I prefer mowing to scrubbing the toilet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Alexia! What insightful points! And thank you for tagging me.

    Growing up, I loved watching variety shows like Donny & Marie, Sonny & Cher, Sheilds & Yarnell, etc. Wonder why they don't make varitey shows like that any more?

    -- I always thought that these shows were shame-based. Hehehe. These were the kind of shows that one watches at night, alone, and with a blanket over his or her head. Hehehe. I must admit that these shows were so fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you and those you passed it along to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great info!!

    ~chuckling~ I would much rather mow the lawn than scrub the toilet. Although, it all depends on my allergies that day too.

    Oh, I have to get my award up. I am running out of time this week on everything. I will have to get to it this weekend. Great post! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tynga - Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

    Steph - Would love to own a bookstore one day, but wouldn't want anyone messing up my books! Maybe I'd be better off with just a library instead? *L*

    Pam - I never could stand mowing the lawn, but it looks like I'm the only one. Am feeling better, and still have my lovely pain pills. Thanks for asking! :)

    Shellie - Glad to know that I'm not alone in not liking mornings. Wouldn't mind them so much if they weren't so....early! :D

    Susi - Deal! I'll scrub your toilet and you can cut my lawn! Still think I'm getting the better part of the deal!

    Peter - Used to love watching those shows, but admit to being a little embarrassed that I never missed any of the Osmond Family Christmas specials. Cheesy, but fun!

    Ryan & Melissa - Saw that you were both tagged for this one already, so looking forward to your lists!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL to #1! AN d #6... I always wanted to work in a bookstore! Then decided I didnt know if I could do things their way as books are so dear to me.... so i would have to own a bookstore LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award and thank you!

    I love your answers. Sarah M.'s ASPCA commercial does the same thing to me. And my hubby hates shopping with me because he says I read every package. :D

    I hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sheila - Working in bookstores was definitely my dream job! Just couldn't handle standing on my feet all day any longer. :(

    Donna - Sarah's song combined with the pictures of all those animals turns me into a big puddle every single time! And I think hubbys would hate shopping with us no matter what, so it's a no-win. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this one and love that you passed it on to me!! It is so much fun!! I will be posting about it shortly!!! I had to agree with so much of what you said . . . #1,3,7 . . . I actually used to work in a bookstore too and loved it!! I tell my husband that is what I plan to do again when I retire!! Though my entire paycheck would go right back into it (as it did before)!!

    Congrats, and thank you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tif - Looking forward to your list I've actually thought about going back to a bookstore part-time after retiring just to support my book habit! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's exactly why my hubby doesn't want me to go back . . . it encourages more buying!! :) Ah well, the habit could be worse!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u