Word Verification Balderdash (9) | Alexia's Books and Such: Word Verification Balderdash (9)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash (9)


Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme started by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

You know all of those annoying word verifications you have to do when posting comments on certain blogs? Well, playing Balderdash with the words makes everything a little more bearable and fun! Here's how to play: Write down all the word verifications you come across while posting blog comments. You then play Balderdash with them. The definition of Balderdash: An oft used strategy to elect your own fake definition in an attempt to give it credibility in the minds of your fellow players.…in other words, you make up your own definition for the word!

Here are my words for this week:

Prehoe: Term used for the preparation of
the garden area before the soil is hoed.

Evish: Vague time given to meet up with friends,
normally after 6pm in the evening.

Gnaks: The sterile hybrid offspring of a male
yak and a female gnu, characterized by a shaggy-
haired coat and large horns.

Dirxami: Latest wonder drug from Phizer, used
in the treatment of severe stomach callophrys.

8 comments:

  1. Some great words again! I do have to say I do the prehoe in my gardens. I spent so much time up there last year I think my husband thought I was crazy with all the prep work I did. lol

    Great words! If you would like to stop by I have my words up.
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! LOL Evish is so funny.... I am going to use that net time I am making plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa - My hubby does all the gardening around here and yes, he prehoes. *L*

    Sheila - The first thing to pop in my head was about meeting in the evish to celebrate a thirtyish birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evish is one of my favorite times. It's broad enough to givemyself time if I need to be late. Great words this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan - Thank you! I think I'm going to start using evish when making plans so I won't be late anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am confused. Where do you find word verifications on other people's blog(s)???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great words, Alexia! My daughter's sick, so I had to bail on Balderdash this week :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allison - When you leave comments on some blogs, you have to do a word verification first. It's to protect against spammers, but can be annoying when you leave a lot of comments on different blogs. It's up to the blogger if they have the word verification activated or not.

    Jackie - Hope your daughter feels better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u