I am going to be offline for awhile due to a bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement), but should be back in a month or so. Please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash (7)



Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

Here's how to play: Write down all the word verifications you come across while posting blog comments. You then play Balderdash with them. The definition of Balderdash: An oft used strategy to elect your own fake definition in an attempt to give it credibility in the minds of your fellow players.…in other words, you make up your own definition for the word!

Here are my words for this week:

Ingly: A biochemical reaction caused when a
colorless, odorless, water-soluble solid is set aflame.

Pardette: A small pardon. French slang
popular in the mid-1970's.

Sunsurt: A sudden gush of gaseous streams
on the sun's surface, thought to be similar
to a human belch or flatulence.

Shathed: The act of inserting into or to
provide with a Shath.

Did you come across any interesting words this week?

5 comments:

  1. These are cool words this week. I really like Sunsurt and also Pardette. I could use that one Pardette. lol.

    If you would like to stop by I have my words up as well.
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words kiddo. Pardette is wonderfull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The light has finally come on. I've been reading about this meme on several blogs and it's taken me until now to realise that I've had a hold of the wrong end of the stick (to use one of my nana's sayings). It's all about those seemingly senseless words you sometimes have to re-produce in order to leave a comment. What can I say? I must have been having a 'senior moment'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great words! I love sunsurt...

    I've posted mine here and linked to yours, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful words, Alexia! I imagine saying "Pardette" every time I do something stupid. That word is simply quaint!

    By the way, I featured your bookshelves in my blog recently.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u