Word Verification Balderdash (6) | Alexia's Books and Such: Word Verification Balderdash (6)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash (6)



Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

Here's how to play: Write down all the word verifications you come across while posting blog comments. You then play Balderdash with them. The definition of Balderdash: An oft used strategy to elect your own fake definition in an attempt to give it credibility in the minds of your fellow players.…in other words, you make up your own definition for the word.

Only came across a few words this week:

Vallhold: Little known limbo for Viking warriors
who weren't quite ready for Valhalla. Not much
is known about Vallhold, as Vikings were
embarrassed to admit that not all warriors
were worthy of joining the eternal feast.

Sunpilla: The wormlike larva of a sunnerfly, similar to
a caterpillar only with distinct sunbeam-like markings.

Ghtestio: Large, reptilian creatures once found
in the lost swamps of Southern Italy. Now extinct.

Did you come across any interesting word verifications this week?

9 comments:

  1. Love the words this week. Vallhold is hillarious. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words. I love Vallhold.

    If you would like to stop by I got my words up a little earlier.

    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! This is a wonderful blog... I had a great time browsing and reading your posts. You may also drop by my site if you have time. It's about christian books , Celebrate recovery and bible study curriculum. I'm sure you'd find my site useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am kind of confused on this meme. You write down words that you find other bloggers are defining for you - and then make up your own definitions?

    Allison
    Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allison - sorry for any confusion. Sheila came up with the idea to write down interesting words from word verifications you get while making comments on other blogs. Then we play Balderdash with them, which is basically making up definitions for the made-up words. They can be silly or serious or any type of definition you choose. Just a way to make having to do word verifications a little more fun.

    Hope that helps explain things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike. I thought the same definition of Vallhold when I saw the word. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vallhold is awesome! I haven't done this in a few weeks and really need to get back to it. Great words, Alexia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH OH OH! I didnt even know you did this! These are so wonderful! Love the vallhold (I am from Minnesota after all and the Vikings... well you know...)

    I am so not worthy! I will be back on track this week! (*Hanging my head)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u