In My Mailbox (18) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (18)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Friday, October 30, 2009

In My Mailbox (18)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Had a nice mailbox this week, and received some non-book goodies as well!


Got a t-shirt for my hubby from a Penguin Twitter contest. He's a big Denis Leary fan, but I don't think he's too thrilled with the back. Told him to wear it under another shirt so no one will see the back. *L*




Can you see why hubby isn't thrilled with the back of the shirt? I think it's funnier than anything, but don't think I'd wear it either!







I won this beautiful, hand-made bookmark from Nely over at All About {n}. One of her co-workers, Mireya De Jesus, made it and it's absolutely beautiful! I collect bookmarks and have to say that this one is definitely one of the best in my collection! If you want to see all of the bookmarks or get in touch with the artist, Nely's original post is here.



Won a copy of Demon Forged by Meljean Brook from the author herself in a Twitter giveaway. I am totally loving Twitter this past week!
Four centuries ago, two young guardians would have surrendered to t he desire burning between them-if a demon hadn't shattered any possibility of their love. Now, a desperate plea for help thrusts them together, even as shocking betrayals threaten their reunion.



I received a review copy of A Note From an Old Acquaintance by Bill Walker from a Pump Up Your Book Tour promoter. I'll be taking part in my first virtual book tour at the beginning of December and am very excited!
Brian Weller is a haunted man. It's been two years since the tragic accident that left his three-year-old son dead and his wife in an irreversible coma...Filled with tender romance and taut suspense, A Note from an Old Acquaintance is an unforgettable story about fate, honor, and the power of true love.


The Manufactured Identity by Heath Sommer is a review copy I received from the author. I read the first chapter online at http://www.themanufacturedidentity.com/ and it sounded so interesting that I couldn't resist!




I've been trying to expand my reading selections lately as feel I'm getting in a rut. While I love urban fantasy and paranormal romances, there's only so many werewolves and vampires I can take in one sitting. *L*

Hope everyone had a great week!

17 comments:

  1. Great books. That bookmark is so pretty. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! that shirt is a riot! love the bookmark! so pretty. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demon Forged looks great - love the cover. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahah love the shirt!
    I keep adding Demon Forged to my wish list but i haven't yet read the first ones in the series, i have to restrain myself until i do ;)
    Have a great week with these new books

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shirt is so funny! I love it. Of course, there is no way my hubby would wear it either.
    Reminds me of the time my hubby was given a gift of flip flops to give to me. On the bottom of the flip flops was the message, "My man kicks (butt)." Not looking at the bottom of the flip flops I wore them to the beach. Imagine my surprise to find this message in the sand!
    The flip flops went into the garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca - Didn't Mireya do a great job with the bookmark? It's even prettier in person!

    Kristi - The back of the shirt makes me laugh, but neither of us will wear it without a covering shirt! We're both too chicken! *L*

    Book Chick - Thanks for stopping by! Demon Forged is pretty cool!

    Pattepoilue - Meljean mentioned that there's something on her website to explain the backstory in case I didn't want to read all the other books first. Haven't made up my mind yet, but I may just wait & read them in order.

    Pam - Oh no! Those flip flops sound too funny! How embarrassing though to look back and see the trail behind you! Think I would have thrown them away too. *L*

    ReplyDelete
  7. good mail week for you
    happy reading

    P.s here is mine if you have time to take a peek
    http://5150bookslut.blogspot.com/2009/11/in-my-mailbox-110109.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tena - Thanks for stopping by! Your mailbox this week was pretty cool. Can't wait to see what you think about Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Alexia! I love that bookmark! It's definitely a keeper as it's hand-made! I can't get enough bookmarks myself, and I usually ask my friends to give me bookmarks instead of books.

    And the T-shirt is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! I don't think my husband would wear that t-shirt either! Great book week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great sounding books. It was the t-shirt that caught my attention though - I can understand why your husband won't wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peter - I can't get enough bookmarks either, and think that they make the perfect gift!

    Bermudaonion - The women's version of the shirt was funny as well but sadly, they didn't have my size.

    Petty Witty - Hi Petty! I haven't given up yet & still trying to talk him into wearing it! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that shirt, too funny! That bookmark looks gorgeous too, lucky you! Happy reading :)

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! :-D Hey, it's true.
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the T-shirt! It made me laugh anyway! LOL! The bookmark is sooo cool! Looks like you won a few really awesome things! Congrats to you :)

    I totally understand about changing your genres up a little. I have to or I just get too bored, lol ;)

    Looking forward to the many reviews, too.

    Great mailbox week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the bookmark! It's much more exciting than the bookstore receipts I tend to use.

    I loved the shirt! I haven't read his book, or seen his show, but the back made me laugh.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL Alexia, thanks for stopping by my blog ^^

    I'll need to keep my eyes open for your Demon Forged revies, it seems great!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u