Sunday, October 18, 2009

In My Mailbox (16)

In My Mailbox (16)In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Seems like no matter how hard I try to wrestle my TBR piles down to a managable size, I keep finding new books that I can't resist!



Spellbinder I received an ARC of Spellbinder by responding to an ad in Shelf Awareness. Looks like a fun read!

Belladonna Johnson can see ghosts. It’s a trait she’s inherited from her mother’s side of the family, like blue eyes or straight hair. And it’s a trait she could do without, because what twelve-year-old wants to be caught talking to someone invisible? It is convenient, though, after Belladonna’s parents are killed in a car accident. They can live with her the same as always, watching the same old TV shows in their same old house. Nothing has changed . . . until everything changes. One night, with no warning, they vanish into thin air - along with every other ghost in the world. It’s what some people think ghosts are supposed to do, but Belladonna knows it’s all wrong. They may not be living, but they’re not supposed to be gone.

Tall, Dark & Fangsome Won a copy of Tall, Dark & Fangsome by Michelle Rowen from a contest over at Bookin' With Bingo. If you haven't visited Bingo's site before, be sure to check it out for great contests and reviews!

Sarah Dearly's vampire life is not all B-positive cocktails. A curse made her a nightwalker, the most vicious vamp there is; the charm she wears to curb her deadly tendencies is losing its juice; and a hunter from hell is turning up the heat. Gideon Chase will kill the ones she loves most if she doesn't obey his orders. That includes breaking up with master vampire Thierry and turning Gideon into an immortal vamp so he can escape a doom of eternal hellfire.

Primitive Primitive is the first bound galley I've ever received. Very cool! Won it from a BBAW contest from Bell Bridge Books.

A neo-primitive cult, possessing secret government documents filled with terrifying information about global warming, kidnaps a famous fashion model and holds her hostage, forcing her to act as their spokesperson. As time runs out, her estranged daughter allies with a dangerous activist group to rescue her, while battling dark agendas from the government and Big Oil.


Witch Craft by Caitlin Kittridge And last but not least, I picked up a copy of Witch Craft by Caitlin Kittridge with one of those irresistible bookstore coupons I keep receiving. Love Caitlin's books!

Someone, or something, is setting fire to the homes of the city’s most infamous non-humans, racking up a body count that’s growing by the day. And strange, otherworldly creatures no one has seen before - selkies trolls and harpies - are causing chaos throughout the city.


Did you get anything interesting in your mailbox this week?

10 comments:

  1. I wonder if the person who designed the covers for the spiderwick chronicles also designed that first novel you're receiving?

    All look like great reads! Congrats on the wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you. I'm awaiting a copy of Witch Craft which at the moment is doing the rounds amongst my friends. My friend took it off her daughter, lying it wasn't suitable, in order that she could read it. Naughty and a bit sneaky of her,I know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have some great reading ahead of you. Witch Craft sounds like a great book, I've never read any of her books before but I may have to pick up the fist one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some fun books this week! I love the title Tall, Dark & Fangsome, it makes me giggle - I think I need to read that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spellbinder caught my eye.... looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books you got this week. I like the sound of Spellbinder. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great books this week
    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good week for you. Witch Craft sounds good, I'll be looking for your review

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good week for you. Witch Craft sounds good, I'll be looking for your review

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alexia -
    I've gotten two of the same books two. Both from the same place. :)

    ReplyDelete