Friday Firsts (4) | Alexia's Books and Such...: Friday Firsts (4)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Firsts (4)

Friday Firsts (4)

Friday Firsts is a meme hosted by Well-Read Reviews.

The first line can make or break a reader’s interest. Just how well did the author pull you in to the story with their first sentence? Here's how to play:
* Grab the book you are currently reading and open to the first page.

* Write down the first sentence in the first paragraph.

* Create a blog post with this information. (Make sure to include the title & author of the book you are using. Even an ISBN helps!)

* Did this first sentence help draw you into the story? Why or why not?


Here is my Friday Firsts:

In a different time, in a different place, Mornak ruledthe realm of Mythos from the city of Aspiria.

I thought that this made an interesting first sentence. It let me know right off the bat that this was not taking place in my reality, but in a different time and place. It's part of the prologue, so I know Shiraz is going to set things up first before diving right in, which is always helpful for a fantasy novel. Makes me want to keep reading, and reminded me a little of Flash Gordon and Star Wars for some reason!

7 comments:

  1. LOL! Reminded me of the same thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluestocking & Allison - Great minds think alike! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that sentence! Definitely a graber... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Krista & Marie! Happy Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently working on catching up on all the posts I've missed and saw this one. I'm currently reading this book. Can't wait to read what you thought of the book!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u