Thursday, September 3, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash (4)

Word Verification Balderdash (4)

Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

Here's how to play: Write down all the word verifications you come across while posting blog comments. You then play Balderdash with them. The definition of Balderdash: An oft used strategy to elect your own fake definition in an attempt to give it credibility in the minds of your fellow players.…in other words, you make up your own definition for the word.



Here are some of the fun words I ran across this week:



Morsup: When a child requests a second helping at supper.

Latio: Fabio's cousin, a popular romance cover model in Spain.

iBalog: Newest Apple product. Details to be announced.

Fatinge: Faint feeling of weariness or exhaustion; a tinge of fatigue.

Beerse: The official name for the fourteenth beer consumed during one sitting.


I actually came across a someone else's word this past week. Saw Snagma, and couldn't stop laughing! Got the immediate visual of a mom snagging her child before they could run into the street. What are the odds? *L*

9 comments:

  1. I have to say, any book featuring Fabio or his lesser known cousin, Latio I stay far away from, lol.

    Great words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a chronic case of fantinge that is aggrevated by Latio and Fabio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know...I always thought Latio was kind of sexy. Much hotter than Fabio! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 14th beer took me over the top... I am laughing so hard!

    These are so good.... I think we all get better and better each week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great definitions!

    I can't wait to hear more about the iBalog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I love your definitions this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great words!

    We get a lot of the Morsup around here with a 10 year old who eats like a 17 year old.

    I love the Beerse also. Although, I don't think I could make it to the 14th beer anymore. About 12 years ago, no problem, now I would be lucky to make 5.

    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tag your it! Its all in the ABC's.

    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, ha! You are so good at this. I love it!

    Funny you got the same word someone else defined I would have been LOLing, too!

    ReplyDelete