In My Mailbox (13) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (13)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, September 26, 2009

In My Mailbox (13)

In My Mailbox (13) | Alexia's Books and SuchIn My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.



Cry Mercy by Toni Andrews Was surprised to receive this copy of Cry Mercy by Toni Andrews, as I had written it off as lost. Had been notified back in June that I would be receiving a copy, so not sure why it would take almost three months to get here. Guess my copy had gotten lost in the shuffle and just now discovered. Not that I'm complaining! I love Toni Andrews and have heard so many good things about her Mercy series, so am really looking forward to reading this one!
I just want a normal life…even if I'm not entirely sure I'm human.
My name is Mercy Hollings and I'm a successful hypnotherapist in Balboa, California. The problem is, my good fortune is dependent on a dark secret. I can make people do whatever I want using telepathy, a power I call "the press." And that ability has hurt some people I never wanted to hurt, so I try to keep it under wraps.




Defenders of the Scroll by Shiraz Received a copy of Defenders of the Scroll by Shiraz directly from the author as a review copy. I'm trying to expand my reading horizons, so thought I'd give this book a try. Sounds interesting and has won several awards, so should be good.
A teenage boy.
A dark wizard.
A mystic scroll.
And the fate of a world hangs in the balance. . .





First BloodPicked this up with a mega-coupon at my local bookstore. I love anthologies, and anything including Susan Sizemore and Meljean Brook is bound to be good!

You never forget your first blood...Susan Sizemore returns to the universe of her Laws of the Blood novels with a sizzling story of the relationship between a vampire enforcer and a werewolf.
Erin McCarthy’s Sasha Checkikov flees the bright lights and dangerous slayers of Vegas for New Orleans, where she is saved by a vampire haunted by his past—and hungry for passion.

Set in the Vampire Babylon world, Chris Marie Green’s story puts the bond between twin female vampires to the test when one of them falls for her prey.

Meljean Brook’s vampire Annie Gallagher needs help to save a young human girl, but she doesn’t expect the help to come from the FBI agent she loved—and had to give up— when she was transformed.


Nightwalker, Have given up trying to win a copy of Nightwalker, so finally caved and bought my own. I love Jocelynn Drake's short stories and follow her on Twitter, so have high expectations for this series!

For centuries Mira has been a nightwalker—an unstoppable enforcer for a mysterious organization that manipulates earth-shaking events from the darkest shadows. But elemental mastery over fire sets her apart from others of her night-prowling breed . . . and may be all that prevents her doom.

The foe she now faces is human: the vampire hunter called Danaus, who has already destroyed so many undead. For Mira, the time has come to hunt . . . or be hunted.




12 comments:

  1. I have defenders of the scroll as well and think it will be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh First Blood sounds interesting! I didn't know about this anthology.

    Hope you enjoy Nightwalker, i did!
    Happy Reading =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Defenders of the Scroll also! I hope you enjoy!

    The rest sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Defenders of the Scroll a take on Harry Potter? I'll have to check into this. We loved the HP series.
    BTW, I am outnumbered on towels. Everyone needs two! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Defenders of the Scroll on my TBR pile. I can't wait to see when you review Nightwalker. I'm interested in that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some that I haven't heard of and now have more to add to the pile! Happy reading!!

    xoxo
    jennie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read Nightwalker also! Enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books you got this week. They all look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh First Blood looks good! might have to try to get that one for myself! I just cannot get over the cover for Defenders of the Scroll.... i've been having nightmares about it for weeks! ahhh!
    hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy the Dark Days series myself! I am looking forward to the latest one (which is out now? I can't remember.. I need to get it if it is!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cry Mercy sounds really interesting, hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u