In My Mailbox (12) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (12)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, September 19, 2009

In My Mailbox (12)

In My Mailbox (12) | Alexia's Books and SuchIn My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Had so many nice books waiting for me when I got home from vacation that it almost made up for the fact that I have to go back to work! *L*


Seeing Things by Patti Hill I received a copy of Seeing Things by Patti Hill from LibraryThing as part of their Early Reviewers program. It's about a woman who thinks that she can see and speak with Huckleberry Finn.







The Calling by David Mack
I won a copy of The Calling by David Mack from Patricia at Patricia's Vampire Books. Thanks again Patricia!
The main character Tom has a knack for fixing things. He also hides a secret talent: he hears people's prayers. Stranger still, he answers them. For some reason, this book made me think of the Reacher series by Lee Child. Not sure why, but I'm really looking forward to reading this one!




Rampant I've been hearing so many good things about Rampant that I was thrilled when I was finally able to get my hands on a copy! I mean, honestly, who could resist killer unicorns?







Child Thief by Brom Now THIS is the book I've been impatiently waiting for! Child Thief by Brom. Ever since I first heard about it on Twitter, I've been dying to get my hands on a copy. A retelling of the Peter Pan legend, where maybe Peter isn't so nice...Can't wait!





Demon Princess
Michelle Rowen is an author I first heard of via Twitter, so I'm excited to finally get my hands on a copy of Demon Princess. I love Michelle's tweets, so looking forward to her full-length book!





Road Trip of the Living Dead
Mark Henry is another author I "met" via Twitter, but I'd already read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it. I have high hopes for Road Trip of the Living Dead, as Mark has the sort of twisted dark humor that I love!







Get any goodies in your mailbox this week?

14 comments:

  1. oh wow, these sound amazing.

    Seeing Things looks cute. I always liked Huck Finn as a character.

    The Calling, wow! I'd be interested in that for sure.

    Rampant. I agree. KILLER UNICORNS! You can't say no to that.

    And I hadn't heard of Child Thief either but wowww...I'm very curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked books you got this week. I really like the sound of Rampant. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great books! Have fun reading them all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Demon Princess. It looks so good! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lucky girl! So many great books there! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read demon princess! Have fun reading the great books you got! Can't waite for youre reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so envious of The Calling! I can't wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books! Yay for getting Demon Princess! I've wanted to read that book ever since I read the description. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice mailbox stash! I have Rampant on my wish list. Hope to see a review on it here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look really good. I think the Child Thief sounds great. I'll have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting books this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great books this week! i finally ordered a copy of Rampant for myself! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, cannot wait for your thoughts on The Child Thief and Seeing Things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The killer unicorns are fabulous - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u