Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Firsts

Friday Firsts
Friday Firsts is a new meme hosted by Well-Read Reviews.

The first line can make or break a reader’s interest. Just how well did the author pull you in to the story with their first sentence? To participate in this weekly book meme is extremely easy.

* Grab the book you are currently reading and open to the first page.
* Write down the first sentence in the first paragraph.
* Create a blog post with this information. (Make sure to include the title & author of the book you are using. Even an ISBN helps!)
* Did this first sentence help draw you into the story? Why or why not?

Here is my Friday First: Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti

You'll have to be on your guard!

The book starts off from Shrimp's point of view and the chapters alternate between Shrimp and Benny. The first sentence didn't really draw me into the book, but the first page did. Any opening that mentions Stephen King is bound to grab my interest!

5 comments:

  1. The first sentence interests me. I want to know why they have to be on their guard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I want to know why he has to be on guard too! If that sentence is on the same page as the Stephen King reference, I'm guessing something not too good is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I planned on doing this one all day Friday...and then ran out of time! LOL I'll have to do it next week.

    Yes, any mention of Stephen King would have me attached like glue!

    =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL about King! He is an awesome author- Have you read The Long Walk? It's one of my favorites!

    This is very cool, so I'll have to try this here meme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first sentence sounds good to me. Makes me wonder if I should be on my guard as a reader for anything I would normally miss or to look a little deeper as well.

    ReplyDelete