Current Read: Now What?: 90 Days to a New Life Direction | Alexia's Books and Such...: Current Read: Now What?: 90 Days to a New Life Direction

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Current Read: Now What?: 90 Days to a New Life Direction

Now What?: 90 Days to a New Life Direction Just started reading Now What?: 90 Days to a New Life Direction by Laura Berman Fortgang. I received a review copy from FSB Associates, and decided that this would be a great way to start the Fall season. While I don't usually read non-fiction, this book sounded interesting and worthwhile. I mean, who wouldn't want help in plotting a new life direction?

The book is full of exercises to help determine your new life direction, and I just finished the first one! Have a really good feeling about this book, and think it will help narrow down my choices and help me decide the next path to explore. Laura does recommend reading the chapters in order and completing all of the exercises, so I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish the book. After all, it does say 90 days...*L*
In the meantime, here's a sneak peek at some of Laura's tips:


10 Tips to Creating a New Life Direction
1. Make a list of all you can't stand about work/life

2. Recognize that ALL change (good or bad) means loss

3. Reframe 'I can't!' to 'I can!'

4. Understand how the past got you stuck today


5. Realize that discovering your 'purpose' does not have to be hard or grand


6. Gain a criteria for happiness

7. Research ALL that interests you
8. Tell the truth about your money life


9. Put Yourself in Opportunity's Way


10.Create a Plan and Get Support


For more information, you can check out her website at http://www.nowwhatcoaching.com/


5 comments:

  1. I think I need to pick this up LOL! I have a crazy life that's not going anywhere! LOL! Good luck to you and hope you finish all the exercises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book! I am definitely going to check it out...I could really use some help in this area...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definately need this one! I will try reframing the I can't sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a cool book with some worthwhile tips

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great moto to use. Great positive thinking too.

    By the way stop over and pick up your award!
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u