Saturday, September 19, 2009

Book Review: Demon Inside by Stacia Kane


I really liked reading about Megan, her demon boyfriend Greyson, the three demons who act as bodyguards, and Megan's demon "helper" Roc.
Mass Market Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Pocket (July 28, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1439155070
ISBN-13: 978-1439155073

Rating: 4/5
Source: Library


Book Blurb:

It's been three months since psychologist Megan Chase made the stunning discovery that the world is filled with demons, and once more the situation is too hot to handle. Ironically, Megan - the only person in the world without a little personal demon sitting on her shoulder - has become the leader of a demon "family," but now some unknown arcane power is offing her demons in a particularly unpleasant fashion. And while her demon lover Greyson Dante is still driving her wild with desire, he's also acting strangely evasive. Then there's the truth about Megan's past - the truth she's never known. Caught between personal problems and personal demons, Megan is having one h*ll of a hard time. Will the help of her Cockney guard demons and her witch friend Tera be enough so that Megan can finally resolve the past, survive the present, and face the future?

My Review:

Picked this book up without realizing that it was the second book in a series. I felt like I was missing something a few times while reading, but I was able to follow the story without too much trouble. However, I would recommend reading Personal Demons first, just to have the necessary back story.

That being said, I really liked reading about Megan, her demon boyfriend Greyson, the three demons who act as bodyguards, and Megan's demon "helper" Roc. Megan did not want to become the head of a demon family, but she is slowly getting the hang of what is expected of her and accepting her responsibilities. Suddenly though, her demons are being attacked and Megan must figure out how and why. Megan must also deal with the repercussions of her past and the fallout from a personal crisis.

While I understood that Megan is a human dealing with demons, I wished at times that she would be a little stronger and more self-reliant. Think I may be getting spoiled by all of the tough heroines out there, as in Megan's shoes I would probably be hiding under my bed, refusing to come out! *L*

All in all, Megan is a great character and I really liked Roc, her demon assistant. Greyson was okay, but I loved the three "boys", especially Spud! For demon bodyguards, they were awfully polite (and handy with a curling iron!)

Really enjoyed this book and gave it a 4 out of 5 rating. Not sure if I'll go back and read Personal Demons, but will definitely read any future books featuring Megan!

Visit Stacia Kane's official website!

4 comments:

  1. Really interesting review and information. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Barry Eva (Storyheart)
    Author of "Across the Pond"

    Blog: http://acrossthepond-storyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! LOL it's a second in a series I hate when that happens! You get home and your like, what? LOL!

    I know what you mean about there being too many rough, tough, and I'm not scared of anything heroines out there. We all get scared at one point or another....

    I'll have to see about looking into this one, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first book Personal Demons and reading your review got me all excited about reading the series all over again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard this series is very good. I hate when I get the books out of sequence and don't realize it till it is to late. This is a great review and I think I need to add these book to my list. I thought I had them written down, but I don't see them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete