BBAW Reading Meme | Alexia's Books and Such: BBAW Reading Meme

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW Reading Meme

Today’s it’s all about the creativity. BBAW has this fabulous reading meme and all we have to do? Pick ONE or answer them all in as few words as possible! Be creative, have fun, stand out! That’s all! What a great way for me to dive into BBAW after being away on vacation! So here goes nothing....


*Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
I don't really eat anything while reading, as I don't want to get anything on the pages.


*Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
Unless it's a workbook with exercises, I rarely write in books.


*How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Dog-earing the pages and breaking the spine by laying the book flat horrify me! I use bookmarks.


*Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
I'm a fiction girl!


*Hard copy or audiobooks?
Have never really gotten into audiobooks. I see the appeal, just haven't tried them yet.


*Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
I need an easy place to stop, either the end of a chapter or one of those spots with an extra space on the page.


*If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
I try to figure it out in context, but don't run to the dictionary.


*What are you currently reading?
Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti and The Demon Inside by Stacia Kane


*What is the last book you bought?
Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs

*Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
I usually have two books going at once; my work read and my home read. Sometimes a third one in my purse, but I usually read two at a time.


*Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
I like to curl up on the couch, but don't have a favorite time. Any time is good for me!


*Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
Don't really have a preference, as they both have their good points. Series are fun so I can check in with old friends and see what they're up to now, while stand alone books let me discover new friends!


*Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
I recommend Outlander to different people, as it has a little bit of everything and appeals to so many different genre-lovers.


*How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
I have separate bookcases for fiction vs nonfiction, paperbacks vs hardcovers, and my TBR books. Most of them are alphabetical by last name, but the TBR are organized by receipt.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you made it back from your trip! This was a fun read.
    I think my favorite snack while reading is Chex Mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I need a good stopping point. I like when you have the spaces in through the chapter. This way I can stop and not feel like I am losing the momentum of the moment the author is creating. I hate when I lose that momentum. And sometimes I have the extra minutes to read that I am not going to get the whole way through a chapter, those spaces are really nice.

    Great answers. I am loving reading all these that every one is posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Dog-earing the pages and breaking the spine by laying the book flat horrify me!"

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer stopping at a chapter or page break too. Sometimes though it isn't possible. I hate it when that happens.

    I've heard great things about Benny & Shrimp. I hope you are enjoying it!

    You're so organized!

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh oh, from reading your answers, i think i left one out...oops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Outlander, great book to recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a minute there I thought you dog-eared the pages and I was about to faint! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. *whispers* I eat and read all the time, especially if I'm having lunch or dinner by myself - my book keeps me company. :)

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u