BBAW Day #4: Thanks for introducing me to this book! | Alexia's Books and Such: BBAW Day #4: Thanks for introducing me to this book!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, September 17, 2009

BBAW Day #4: Thanks for introducing me to this book!

BBAW

Can you believe it’s already Day 4 of BBAW? Guess time flies when you're having fun! I've already discovered so many wonderful new book blogs, and will probably find a ton more before the week is over! But today's topic is about a book you discovered and fell in love with, but only because you first read about it on a book blog.

Norse Code by Greg Van EekhoutFor me, that book would be Norse Code by Greg Van Eekhout. While I usually read fantasy, I don't know that I would have picked this one up if I hadn't heard so many good things about it both in the blogging community and on Twitter. Unfortunately, I can't remember on which particular blogs I read the rave reviews, but I will be forever grateful to those unknown bloggers as I really loved this book!

I have started keeping track of where I find books that I add to my wishlist and TBR piles, so I can give future credit where credit is due. That's one of the things I love about the blogging community....so many new books to discover!

2 comments:

  1. This book is on my list. I heard of it over on a site a few authors got together to do. I thought it sounded really great, but I havn't got to get it yet.

    You know, you have made a great point here. I think I need to start writing down whos blog I get what book ideas from so I can credit them in the future. I didn't even think of that till now since you mentioned it. I will have to start doing that from now on. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having the same thought, too - trying to keep track of which blogs recommended which books that I end up adding to my TBR. I will have to check on Norse Code - it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u