My Bookcases | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Bookcases

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Bookcases

Kyusi Reader I saw this posted over at J. Kaye's Book Blog. Kyusi Reader collects pictures of people's bookshelves and features them on his blog. He states: I'm a firm believer that the books you have are a reflection of your personality. Never mind that you don't get to read them, just the fact that you bought them and keep them in your bookshelf say a lot about who you are (or who you want to be).

Almost afraid to find out what my bookshelves say about me. Probably that I have too many books! *L*



My Bookcases

<= My main bookcase in full view of any "company". I try & keep this one neat. Top shelf are the pretty non-series books. Rest are series.














My Bookcases








My smaller bookcase in family room, also in view of company. The books on top are my TBR stack for review. Yikes! =>








One of the bookcases in my bedroom. This is for my paperbacks and is stacked two deep.


My BookcasesMy Bookcases


<= Large bookcase in the spare bedroom. For
my ARCs & hardcovers.













My Bookcases







The other small bookcase in my bedroom. These are paperbacks I haven't gotten to yet. Sad, but true. Also two deep.









Couldn't get a decent picture of the small bookcase in my dining room for some reason. That is also full of paperbacks. Then I have the various piles stacked all over the house. The TV tray full in the computer room. The stack by my bed. The pile on top of my dresser. Okay, maybe hubby is right and I DO have an awful lot of books! *L*





8 comments:

  1. WOW! I want to trade. :) I love your shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri! One can never have too many books! I love your bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! The book shelves of paperbacks you HAVEN'T read?! That's crazy :D I'm also super jealous lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post.... may need to do this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly!! LOL You have a lot of books, it's like paradise! Your shelves look so pretty and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok I did it. I posted. I think it was therapeutic....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love looking at everyone's books! Peter was right, it's fascinating! Admit that I tidied up a little before taking the pictures, as the new additions are usually stacked on top! :D

    Everyone should check out Sheila's post....she has an entire Reading Room! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - what a lovely lot of books! Off to view Sheila's reading room....

    You can mine HERE

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u