In My Mailbox (8) | Alexia's Books and Such...: In My Mailbox (8)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, August 16, 2009

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (8)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I had one contest winning, 2 that I had ordered, and 1 book that I bought at the store. Books. They're a good thing.... :)

Redemption Alley
This one is my SQUEE of the week! I won an autographed copy from a contest over at the Deadline Dames site. I absolutely adore Lilith! Very excited when I received this! And yes, I did my happy dance! *L*


Eve of Darkness
This book keeps getting recommended to me, so finally caved and ordered it. Sounds interesting, but will have to wait and see.




Graveyard Book
I love Neil Gaiman. He is a genius. He has written two of my favorite books (Neverwhere and American Gods), so I will pretty much buy anything he writes. Won't be disappointed either. 'Nuff said...


Dark Time

I've seen mention of this book on different blogs and it looked really interesting, so thought I'd give it a shot. Plus I had a coupon and a gift card, so it only cost me a few cents at the bookstore. Score!



Hope everyone had a great week, with lots of books in your mailbox!

19 comments:

  1. All your books look great but I really liked the sound of The Graveyard Book and Dark Time. Enjoy reading them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week! All of these are books I need to read :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the graveyard book may be a good read... I have seen a cuple reviews on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Gaiman's book. I haven't read the others but heard about them. Love the covers! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great book week! i really need to get the graveyard book! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week! I've been meaning to read The Graveyard Book, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Hope you enjoy your books

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Graveyard Book is really good hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the Graveyard book is really, really good! Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Neil Gaiman!

    I just received Dark Path also. I read a few chapters and so far so good,but have other books ahead of it with deadlines but hope to get to it soon!

    Looks like a lot of fun books!

    Enjoy!

    http://booknerdextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2009/08/in-my-mailbox-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Graveyard book is seriously amazing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books you got this week. I've been meaning to read The Graveyard Book for a while but haven't gotten around to it yet. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh all of these have really intense covers! love it

    Rachel
    sunshineedition@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books! I'd like to know if Eve of Darkness is good. I still didn't get a copy of it yet. Enjoy your books! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Graveyard Book! I've been meaning to read that, actually I forgot I even had it on my desk! Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm reading Dark Time too. It's so far really really good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really need to get The Graveyard Book! Great week. Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alexia!!! I got Hush, Hush in the mail today! I couldn't contain the excitement! It was pure happiness. Too cool! I have a bunch of books I need to review because last week, things have come up. Makes me want to rush through them so I can finally get to Hush, Hush! Woot! This is so exciting! XP

    Feels like it's my birthday or something...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Going to read "The Graveyard Book" soon, just have to get to the library to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u