In My Mailbox (7) | Alexia's Books and Such: In My Mailbox (7)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, August 9, 2009

In My Mailbox (7)

In My Mailbox (7) In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful Kristi at The Story Siren!

Received three nice packages this week, so was very happy!

The Shimmer
Received a copy of David Morrell's new book The Shimmer from FSB Associates. I enjoyed several of his older books but hadn't read him in awhile, so looking forward to this one. Morrell is very talented, so this is sure to be another winner!





Legacy Have to say this I was really impressed when I received my review copy of Legacy. It has a beautiful cover, is really heavy for some reason, and it came with a press kit! I've never gotten a press kit before. Very impressive! Amazon is releasing a special encore edition of this book. And Legacy was a Bronze Medalist in Young Adult Fiction in the 2008 Moonbeam Children's Book Awards, as well as a Finalist in Young Adult Fiction in the National Best Books Awards 2008.



Benny & Shrimp

Also received a copy of Benny & Shrimp from FSB Associates. It was shipped a couple of weeks ago, but I never received it. I assumed it had been lost in the mail, so was pleasantly surprised when they shipped me a replacement copy. Am very impressed that they shipped out a second copy. Yea FSB! :)



So what did you get in your mailbox this week?

7 comments:

  1. Great books you got this week. They all look really good. Hope you enjoy reading them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All books look good. Is The Shimmer a crime novel as the cover looks as though it might be? Will have to check that out. Also what did you get in the press kit - intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legacy is such a gorgeous book! Every time I see it I think I drool a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think both my kids would like Legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo Legacy looks great! :-) can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love good mail days:)
    This week I have received:

    Fatal Encryption by Debra Purdy Kong

    When the Church was a Family by Joseph H Hellerman

    The Anit-Alzheimer's Prescription by Vincent Fortanasce, M.D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received Legacy last week too!! I'm very excited to read that one!! Can't wait to read your review!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u