Sunday, August 2, 2009

In My Mailbox (6)

In My Mailbox (6)
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

Had a few squee-worthy books arrive in my mailbox this past week!


Sandman Slim by Richard KadreyReceived an ARC of Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey as part of the Early Reviewers program on LibraryThing. The main character is James Stark, who spent eleven years in Hell as a hitman before finally escaping, only to land back in the hell-on-earth that is Los Angeles. Charlaine Harris wrote: "If Simon R. Green wrote an episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter, it would read much like SANDMAN SLIM - violent, vivid, non-stop action of the supernatural kind. I couldn't put it down." Wow! With an endorsement like that, it's bound to be good!




My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent My biggest squee moment came when I received an autographed ARC of My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent! I won this from a contest on Melissa Marr's website. She also threw in an autograhed bookplate and some rubber bracelets! I received Dark Court, Summer Court, Winter Court, High Court, and Solitary bracelets. Awesome! Thanks again Melissa! You have no idea how long I've been trying to get my hands on this book!





Now What? 90 Days to a New Life Direction by Laura Berman Fortgang Last, but certainly not least, I received a copy of Now What? 90 Days to a New Life Direction by Laura Berman Fortgang. This was an email offer from Caitlin at FSB Associates. As I've mentioned before, I usually don't read non-fiction but hey, who wouldn't want to improve their life in just 90 days?







So what was in your mailbox this week?

4 comments:

  1. Sandman Slim sounds FANTASTIC! Like something my fiance would love. Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got My Soul to Take too. Enjoy!

    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books, I like the sound of My Soul to Take. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooo I want Sandman Slim *whines whines whines*
    enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete