In My Mailbox (10) | Alexia's Books and Such...: In My Mailbox (10)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, August 30, 2009

In My Mailbox (10)

In My Mailbox (10)In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Had a pretty good week this week! Just when I thought I'd have to skip this week, I got three packages at the end of the week! Nice way to wind up a rough week, as I spent most of it sick with a cold.


Demon Inside by Stacia KaneFirst off, I picked up a copy of Demon Inside by Stacia Kane at my library. This is the second book in the Megan Chase series and looks like another winner!
Psychic psychologist Megan Chase continues with her sometimes amusing, sometimes terrifying attempts to step into the leadership role thrust upon her in 2008’s Personal Demons. Megan’s empathy for her clients and callers to her radio show leaves her fighting an uphill battle to persuade shoulder-riding personal demons to be less vicious. Now three demons under her charge have mysteriously exploded; other groups have suffered similar losses, but some of her demons think deserting her for a stronger leader will keep them safe.



Dead Men's Boots by Mike CareyWon this copy of Dead Men's Boots by Mike Carey from a contest over at Bitten By Books. They have great interviews and contests, so you should definitely check them out! While this is the third in the series, I'm not familiar with Mike Carey, but the book blurb sounds really interesting.

You might think that helping a friend's widow to stop a lawyer from stealing her husband's corpse would be the strangest thing on your To Do list. But life is rarely that simple for Felix Castor. A brutal murder in King's Cross bears all the hallmarks of a long-dead American serial killer, and it takes more good sense than Castor possesses not to get involved. He's also fighting a legal battle over the body - if not the soul - of his possessed friend, Rafi, and can't shake the feeling that his three problems might be related. With the help of the succubus Juliet and paranoid zombie data-fence Nicky Heath, Castor just might have a chance of fitting the pieces together before someone drops him down a lift shaft or rips his throat out. Or not. . .


Any MinuteThe original contest winner of Any Minute already had the book, so I was the lucky runner up for this one! Thanks to Crystal at My Reading Room! Be sure to check out her blog, as she has several contests going on right now!

Sarah Harper is driven, pursuing happiness in all the wrong places. She wants to do good and not hurt the people she loves, including her son, Mitchell, and her husband, Joe. But her drive to succeed overrides all else. When Sarah's car plunges off a road, her injuries leave her dead to the world around her. But as one door seems to close; another opens: From the other side, Sarah comes to realizations that had eluded her during her hectic, successful life.


Dark Time by Dakota BanksWon a copy of Dark Time by Dakota Banks from Jax at The Eclectic Booklover.
She has great reviews and contests, so be sure to stop by and say hello!

Three hundred years ago, she sold her soul to a demon. Now she wants it back.
For centuries, the woman calling herself Maliha Crayne has lived a second life—as an assassin for the malevolent creature who owns her soul. A haunted killer with the blood of countless victims on her hands, she has finally discovered a way to nullify the demonic pact that chains her: If she saves a life for every one she has taken, she will be free. But if she fails, her punishments will be unspeakable, unendurable . . . and neverending.



Hope the mailman was good to you too this week!




7 comments:

  1. Lots of good books! I just received Dark Time,also! Enjoy!
    My In My Mailbox is up Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demon Inside is on my TBR pile too! Dead Men's Boots looks good. I'm not familiar with Mike Carey either but I've heard good things about his books. I hope you enjoy Dark Time as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got quite a variety of books - I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these books look good! I plan getting Dark Times myself. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the books you've received in the mail this week, I would read them too. I still have my copy of Any Minute for review. I've read maybe a 40-page excerpt and I enjoyed it.

    Enjoy your books! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad it wasn't my mailbox that got these books! LOL! Great stuff, look forward to your reviews! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm almost finished Dark Time it's all right.

    Heeey!! I want a Felix Castor book too! I plan on doing an interlibrary loan for the first book in that series.

    Enjoy your books. They look great.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u