Book Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent | Alexia's Books and Such: Book Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Friday, August 14, 2009

Book Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

Book Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent | Alexia's Books and Such Paperback: 384 pages
Reading level: Young Adult
Publisher: Harlequin (August 1, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0373210035
ISBN-13: 978-0373210039
Rating 4/5
Source: contest win

Book Blurb:
She doesn't see dead people, but… She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…


My Review:
After several disappointing reads, this book restores my faith that there are still good books out there!
Kaylee is a likable character who isn't sure what's happening to her, and why she has uncontrollable urges to scream. She is a believable teenager, in that she jumps to conclusions without all the facts, is a little emotional, and just wants to fit in. I liked Nash, and thought he made a good boyfriend candidate for Kaylee. Best friend Emma seemed nice as well, but I'm a little suspicious of girls who are too pretty. *L*

All in all, thought this was an excellent start to a new YA series, and I enjoyed learning more about the Bean Sidhe (more commonly referred to as Banshees). Good characters, good plot, great writing...it's a winner! And I'm definitely looking forward to My Soul to Save next year!




4 comments:

  1. After reading your review, I need to put this on my TBR list then. I like how you've used this little thing --> *L*

    It's my first time seeing it and it's cool! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a little silly, but I must ask: how did you get your horizontal navigation bar to be like that? I've also thought of putting the search bar up there too on my blog, but didn't get around to it. =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog link on Goodreads, and decided to stop by to check it out. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed this book, as I've been looking into picking it up. I also know what you mean about disappointing reads lately. I love to read fantasy and paranormal books, but I feel like there's been an onslaught of poorly written "copycat" fiction since Twilight was published. This one looks good though. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to discover a new YA series to recommend to my daughter. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u