Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What's on your desk Wednesday

This is a weekly meme hosted by Sassy Brit of Alternative-Read.com.

Here are the rules:

You can do one of two things or both.

1. Grab a camera and take a photo of your desk, or anywhere you stack your books/TBR pile. And no tidying! Add this photo to your blog. Tag at least 5 people, and then return to Sassy Brit’s blog and leave a link back to your photo in the Mr. Linky.
2. List at least 5 BOOKISH things on your desk. List at least 5 NON BOOK things. Tag at least 5 people to do the same. Return to Sassy Brit’s blog and leave your link, so everybody can come and visit your blog.

My camera isn't working right at the moment, so I'll do number two today.

Bookish things on my desk:
1. scrap paper with titles to research online
2. a stack of books waiting to be entered into my master book list
3. big notepad with lots & lots of titles to be entered into my master book list
4. small notebook I use for library search & explore missions
5. a credit card for buying books online!

Non-book things on my desk:
1. my Palm Tungsten
2. an iron unicorn figurine I picked up who knows where
3. a three-headed Fluffy plush (Harry Potter merch)
4. stack of PC games
5. small pocketwatch style clock

Already tagged people today on another meme, so if you're reading this....TAG! You're it! :D

3 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    Oooh - a credit card for buying books ...that sounds dangerous! :)

    You are very organised -- which reminds me , I've begun to realise that as I read through these answers there are often lots of ingenious new time saving / organisational etc ideas to be found.

    So, is your Master book list a list of all the books you own, or do you use it for keeping track of your reviews - when books come in / are read / can be filed?

    Take care, and thanks for playing along!

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to come up with a Master List for all of the books I've read, as I got tired of buying the same book twice! I download it into my Palm, so I can always check inventory when making a bookstore run.

    I also have a separate spreadsheet to keep track of when I receive books for review. My columns include date rcvd/date read/review posted/pub notified as well as the book info. I'd lose track if I didn't, but am a little embarrassed because this makes me seem more organised than I really am! *L*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted a little something along these lines (with a little link back to you!) on my blog! Check out my ridiculous pile . . . http://tiftalksbooks.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-tbr-stack.html

    ReplyDelete