Saturday, July 11, 2009

In My Mailbox (3)

My Book Haul
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

Had another good week! Yea! Received some review copies as well as made a few purchases. Not sure why I couldn't get all of the cover pictures the same size, but did my best....


The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell Received a review copy of The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell. Sent from Ann Balasi at Hatchett. For someone who doesn't read non-fiction, I seem to be getting quite a collection! Maybe I should stop saying that....*L*


Tender Graces by Kathryn Magendie
Won a copy of Tender Graces by Kathryn Magendie from J. Kaye's Book Blog. Looking forward to reading it, as J. Kaye has great taste in books! And the blurb looks interesting as well.



GooEvermore by Alyson Noeldreads sent me a copy of Evermore by Alyson Noel as part of their First Reads program. I've never read anything by Noel, but it looks really interesting. It's a Young Adult novel about a girl with 'special' abilities.



The Revolution in a Bottle by Tom SzakyPenguin Group sent me a copy of Revolution in a Bottle by Tom Szaky. As I've said, I don't usually read non-fiction, but this one might be interesting.




Won The Givenchy Code by Julie Kennera copy of The Givenchy Code by Julie Kenner in a contest on Twitter! She even autographed it for me! I love her Demon-hunting Soccer Mom series, so looking forward to starting one of her other series. Julie rocks!



The Light, The Dark & Ember Between by J.W. Nicklas
Last, but not least, I received The Light, The Dark & Ember Between by J.W. Nicklas. This is the second book I've received through Bostick email offers. It's short stories, and I really enjoy short stories, so am looking forward to reading this one.


Couldn't resist a book run and picked up a couple books at the bookstore as well:

*Prey by Rachel Vincent
*Mark of the Demon by Diana Rowland
*3 blank journals
Now to decide which to read first! My TBR stacks runneth over....

7 comments:

  1. Awesome books you got. Evermore is a really good book. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't know Goodreads had a review program! I'll have to look into that. :D

    Evermore looks good, it's one I am waiting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Goodreads a young adult program? If so, how do you contact them?
    My 16 yr. old writes a book review column for the local paper. She'd love something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own, but have yet to read, Evermore. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Evermore. Oh I love blank journals! Whenever I get them for gifts and stuff I always find something to use them for. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww you got good books. And you got Evermore!!! ya lucky girl!

    I haven't gotten anything from Bostick yet. Still sending replies to their emails and nothing. Oh well. Perhaps they will surprise me someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodreads has giveaways where you can choose which books you would like to win. It's listed under the Explore tab. There are usually a limited number of copies available for each title, but there are a whole bunch of books to choose from. Evermore is my second First Reads book, and I'm really looking forward to reading it!

    Karoline - I've gotten a couple of Bostick books now, so keep trying!

    ReplyDelete