In My Mailbox (2) | Alexia's Books and Such...: In My Mailbox (2)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, July 6, 2009

In My Mailbox (2)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

The mailman and UPS were very good to me this past week!


First off, I received an autographed copy of "Street Magic" by Caitlin Kittredge that I won in a contest hosted by Bitten by Books. I love Caitlin, and was thrilled when it arrived!

Amazon's blurb: Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge
The first in the Black London series, this dark tale takes Kittredge's supernatural shadows to the next level. At 16, Pete Caldecott witnessed the apparent death of punk rocker Jack Winter after he raised an ancient spirit. Twelve years later, Det. Insp. Caldecott has followed in her dead father's footsteps at Scotland Yard. She follows a tip about a missing child and finds Jack, now a heroin junkie claiming intimate knowledge of a parallel realm called the Black. As Jack detoxes and more children disappear, he joins Pete's quest to find them, teaching her to use hexes and spells as well as her physical abilities in the fight against a rising dark power. Kittredge (the Nocturne City series) knows how to create a believable world, and her fans will enjoy the mix of magic and city grit.


Received an autographed copy of "Immortal Danger" by Cynthia Eden from her 30 Days of Demons contest. Cynthia not only autographed the book, but sent several bookmarks and an autographed postcard as well! Cynthia rocks!
"Immortal Danger" by Cynthia Eden
BN.com Synopsis:
Being Bullet Proof Sucks - Literally

Once, Maya Black was a kick-ass cop patrolling the streets of L.A. She still keeps the city safe, but nowadays her bad guys of choice include demons, werewolves, and assorted nocturnal scum. Something Maya knows a thing or two about. She's a vampire - and not thrilled about it. Payback meet bitch.


Received my first book from Bostick, who has been sending me emails almost every day. Called "Acros"Across the Pond" by Storyhearts the Pond" by Storyheart. It's a Young Adult love story and looks interesting, so thought I'd give it a try.

Bostick blurb:
Protagonist, Fred Squire, leaves England for a vacation in the USA and he's definitely not happy about it. Everything changes when he meets Brit, the attractive American girl who helps him adapt to the US way of life and awakens his pangs of affection.


Also got a cop"I Hate People" by Jonathan Littmany of "I Hate People" by Jonathan Littman that I won from the marvelous Bookin' With Bingo! I usually don't read non-fiction, but I couldn't resist the title, and thought maybe it would help in dealing with some of my co-workers.

BN.com Synopsis:
Face it, whether your company has 10 employees or 10,000, you must grapple with people you can't stand in the office. Luckily Jonathan Littman and Marc Hershon have written I HATE PEOPLE!, a smart, counter-intuitive, and irreverent turn on the classic workplace self-help book that will show you how to identify the Ten Least Wanted--the people you hate--while revealing the strategies to neutralize them.


6 comments:

  1. Great books you got this week. I hate people looks quite interesting. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say start with Street Magic! I nearly picked that book up last week at the store, but thought against it :P let us know how it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate people is a fab name for a book. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT looks like you'll have plenty to read this week.
    I am still laughing over I hate people.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u