Book Review: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon | Alexia's Books and Such: Book Review: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, May 25, 2009

Book Review: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Book Review: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

I remember when this book first came out, people kept recommending it to me again and again. I usually avoid those type of books (think Briges of Madison County), but decided to give it a chance. Surprisingly, I really, really liked it! Had a little bit of everything; romance, history, time travel, etc. It felt like the author had spent a lot of time on the story and characters, and I really got a kick out of the result.

My only advice is to stop with this book and to ignore the rest of the series. This felt like a labor of love, but the rest were more like she was in it for the money. I couldn't even get thru the second book.

All in all a good read with good characters! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u